Company

The almost 100-year tradition of Max Hauser Süddeutsche Chirurgiemechanik GmbH in the development and manufacture of surgical instruments for human surgery is both obligation and motivation for us.

Today more than ever, we feel obligated to the quality, innovation and sustainability of our instruments.

Our extensive experience in the development and manufacture of surgical instruments combined with the latest findings of modern materials and production technologies are our motivation to make what we have achieved even better.

 

 

 

Membership @ Technology Mountains

Technology Mountains is an Innovation Cluster in southwest Germany

The composite counts about 350 company memberships, all based in the county of Baden Württemberg. The Companys from many diffrent industry sectors as for example the car industry, the electric technician, the medical technician, mechanical engeneering and more are the top companys in their subject.

Together the members from Technology Mountains can support each other and their selfs while cooperating with each other by cooperative projects and engeneering for example. Because together we are stronger and making progress gets easier.

download certification

 

 

 

 

 

 

Aus Tradition wird unsere Vision:

Wissenschaft und Technik im Dienste von Mensch und Natur.

Company history

1921



   Wilhelm and Marie Hauser found the " Südd. Chirurgiemechanik GmbH ". The focus is on the production of instruments for thorax and lung surgery. The principle of the company is: ONLY to produce first-class instruments and to offer them to customers. This principle is still our key note today.

1938
Wilhelm Hauser hands over to his son Max Hauser. Max and Anna Hauser continue the company under the "Max Hauser Süddeutsche Chirurgie Mechanik".


1959


Max Hauser hands over the business to his daughter respectively her husband Wolfgang Schwarzwälder.

1971




Company celebration for the 50th anniversary of the company. Max Hauser Süddeutsche Chirurgie-Mechanik is well known as sole manufacturer of "aluminum rib retractors" for the heart-lung surgery, also the retractors developed by the famous heart surgeons Doctor Braastadt and Doctor Cooley. The versatile sales program is exported to all countries of the world.

1989

Change to "Max Hauser Süddeutsche Chirurgiemechanik GmbH".

1990


The steady growth of the company requires the move to new business and production premises.
1997


Dipl. Ing (FH) Walter Rehm becomes the new Managing Director.
Introduction of ISO 9001.


2001

The takeover of Hetzel GmbH expands our production portfolio with the product group of “self-retaining retractors”.

2005

Founding of the Hauser Benchmark Factory GmbH & Co. KG in Weißenfels near Leipzig with 1.250m² production area for machining production with modern CNC turning and milling centers as well as wire EDM machines.

2007

Certification according to ISO 13485.

2014

Moving to larger business and production premises.

2016

The first automation project with a flexible handling robot connected to a CNC machining center is successfully launched for serial production.

2018

 

The production takeover from Stephan Schilling GmbH (asset deal) expands our production portfolio with the product group “Clamps”.

 

 

Our Company Brochure